Path Closures – Crossing Points
Paths following the former Waverley Railway route through Midlothian will begin to be closed to make way for the construction of the Borders Railway this week. Closure of the route between Sheriffhall and Gorebridge will begin on Friday 15th February.
The following crossing points will be maintained during this work:
- Eskbank; a link path between Avenue Road and the existing footpath that leads to Cemetery Road.
- Newtongrange; one of the following will be maintained at all times:
- Between Station Road and Redwood Walk
- Between Station Road and New Star Bank
- A crossing point between Edinburgh College and Hardengreen Lane
- National Cycle Route 196, Dalhousie Road to Tesco.
The closure of the path will be carried out in sections, starting at Sheriffhall and working towards Gorebridge. The path will be fenced off to allow site clearance and earth works to begin in March.The path will be completely closed by Monday 25th February.
The crossing points for Gore Glen have yet to be finalised. However the core walkways will be maintained, although some of the secondary tracks will be closed or diverted. We will work with the ranger service to minimise the loss of amenity and diversions will be signposted.