More Borders Railway community drop-ins
Network Rail has announced dates for six more community events – part of a series of drop-ins being held along the line of the railway over the spring and summer to give residents the opportunity to view detailed railway plans and to ask questions of members of the project team about the construction process.
The dates, times and venues for the six events are:
- Monday 10th June (4-7pm) at Tweedbank Community Centre
- Thursday 13th June (4-7pm) at the Galashiels Rugby Club
- Monday 17th June (1-7pm) at Old Gala House, Galashiels
- Tuesday 18th June (4-7pm) at Macfie Hall, Heriot
- Monday 24th June (4-7pm) at Fountainhall Village Hall
- Thursday 27th June (4-7pm) at Stow Town Hall
Network Rail’s first phase of community drop-ins across Midlothian and the Scottish Borders during autumn 2012 were extremely well attended with more than 1,200 local residents taking the time to drop in and find out more about the project.
Events were also held in Eskbank, Newtongrange, Danderhall and Gorebridge in April and May 2013.
Craig Bowman, Communications Manager, Network Rail, said:
“The works have started in earnest now and are much more visible to the public than before so we are keen to give local people another chance to speak to members of the project team and the detailed designs for the railway we now have available.”