Be a Borders Railway Champion
We want everyone with an interest in the Borders Railway and communities it serves to help us spread the word about the benefits of visiting, living, working, investing and studying in the area. So, please join us in being a Borders Railway champion. Here’s what you can do.
- Follow Borders Railway on Twitter and share or like our posts.
- Use #bordersrailway to talk about the line.
- Sign-up to our mailing list for all the latest news.
Love where your live
- Get to know your local area better. Take a trip on the railway to visit, eat or shop somewhere you haven’t been before.
- Even better, if you have friends or family visiting, use the train to take a leisurely day trip to show off the area and visit one of its many attractions.
- Add a walk or even a cycle trip to your day out.
- There is a range of ticket options for kids, older people and regular travellers. Find out more about ScotRail’s ticket offers.
Shout about your visit
- Take a selfie or other photo and share it on Facebook, Twitter or other social media (#bordersrailway)
- Mention the Borders Railway (sometimes known as the Waverley Line) in any TripAdvisor or other reviews you post after your visit.
De-stress your commute
- Save money by using one of ScotRail’s season ticket options
- Use the parking facilities at stations to beat the rush-hour traffic
Celebrate successes and strengths:
- Take a look at some of our case studies about people and businesses who have benefitted from the line and let others know about stories.
For businesses and other organisations
Help to make it easy for people to take a trip on the railway. Here’s some simple text you can add to your website, especially if you have a ‘getting here’ section. You might want to add more detail about services via stations near you:
"The Borders Railway runs through the breathtaking landscapes of Edinburgh, Midlothian and the Scottish Borders, providing direct access to the rich history and thrilling outdoor activities available in all three areas. It takes just an hour to travel from Edinburgh to Tweedbank following the scheduled timetable, and there are also steam train journeys on certain days.
There are regular services from early to late, running seven days a week. Visit the ScotRail website to book tickets or find out more about the service. You can also phone ScotRail customer services on 0344 811 0141."
This site contains lots of links to more information. But with so much detail available, it’s even better if you can provide custom advice about the facilities, activities, events and other opportunities most relevant to you and your audience.
Use free resources to make the most of the railway
- VisitScotland has created a free toolkit to help businesses maximise the benefit of the railway. It includes promotional text, images, branding information and much more.
- The Borders Railway Business Guide contains even more inspiration and practical tips.
Streamline group travel to your destination
- The ScotRail Business Direct solution offers a great way to organise tickets on behalf of others, and can also arrange group travel options for 10 people or more.